Monday, April 10, 2023

Monsoon Pours

 

Monsoon Pours

 


Monsoon pours, clouds overlapping the sky,

And the sun plays a hide and seek.

As I walk down, slowly across the road

with the umbrella, showers in short spells.

I stop down under the shade which has enough holes 

to let the droplets of water feel on my curly hair,

Taking me back to childhood when every child enjoys 

the showers of the rain. Jumping and thumping in the muds.

 

Thunder and lightning when accompanied are scary enough to hold oneself tight.

The sky goes dark with grey clouds that hide the sun.

And then they all sing rain go away, come again another day. 


We all want to go home, rain go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holi - The festival of Colours

  Holi – The festival of Colours As I looked through the window,  A group of boys walked down the street, its time to celebrate Holi, ...